Pages

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Aditya Roy Kapur: Parineeti and I share a silly sense of humour that most people don’t find funny!

Aditya Roy Kapur: Parineeti and I share a silly sense of humour that most people don’t find funny!

His last two films – Aashiqui 2 and Yeh Jawaani Hai Dewaani – were blockbusters. Ironically, he played an alcoholic in both of them but in his latest film Aditya Roy Kapur will be seen in a completely different avatar and he says it’s good for him and the audience as well…

For the first time, Aditya Roy Kapur will be seen sharing screen space with Parineeti Chopra in Habib Faisal’s upcoming gastronomical rom-com Dawaat-e-Ishq. The B-town hunk is also playing a chef onscreen. That’s not all! His look in the film is very different too. So there is a lot that the audience would get to see of Aditya in his latest offering. And while wethinks it’s great, the talented actor shares the same sentiment. We recently caught up with the handsome lad to talk about Dawaat-e-Ishq which releases this Friday and the first thing we noticed was how much weight he had lost. And that’s how we started our conversation….
You look quite slim for somebody who has been gorging on food in the film?
This is my punishment after doing Dawaat-e-Ishq to have no food in my life anymore. It was really tough to just resist eating food while shooting coz we were in Lucknow and Hyderabad and food over there is just so amazing. In fact, we gradually put on weight as we kept shooting so the continuity had gone for a toss coz suddenly I had a stomach n all (laughs). Now I am preparing for my next film Fitoor so I have to lose weight.
You are apparently not a very good cook. So how difficult was it for you to play a chef in the film?
I am not a cook only. But it was not much about knowing the recipes. It was more about looking like you’re comfortable in the kitchen, with the kadhai and all the hand actions that you do while cooking. So if you can do that then it doesn’t look like you’re faking….
But even that’s not easy….
Yes, it’s not easy so I spent some time with my dad. My dad and mom both are wonderful cooks. And my dad looks like as if he has been in the kitchen his whole life. So I helped him around the kitchen, just simple things to get me well versed with the basics. Also, he chops very fast so I learnt how to chop from him and I practiced that for few days coz that was going to be in the film. As an actor you have to be smart about what’s going to be on camera and learn that much. There is no use of suddenly going to a culinary school and all that.

In the film, you’re from Lucknow. So how much did you work on your language?
Luckily, I didn’t have to work as much as Pari had to on language coz she had to speak Dakhni. This guy, he is not very thick with his accent. He is dealing with whole bunch of people from all over the world coz he has this famous place in Lucknow so just the pronunciations had to be good.
Coz of your previous two films you had this image of drunkard hero. So at some level one of the reasons why you did this film was to break that image?
I definitely wanted to do something different and something challenging. But it wasn’t like I was looking for something different. It had to come to me normally. So luckily when I read the script and I got the call for this film, I was really interested in experimenting and getting challenged like this. You know doing something and going to a world you’re not a part of. And the biggest thing was that Habib Faisal was the writer director and he has made such wonderful films. Also, he knew that world. So if you’re going somewhere you don’t know, you should go with someone who knows to guide you. As for breaking the image, I think doing this film was a good opportunity for me and it will be good for the audience as well.
How was it working with Parineeti Chopra? Because she told us that you guys are pretty much same in real life…
You know, we share a similar sense of humour. I don’t know as people how similar we are but we laugh at the same kind of things and have this silly sense of humour that most people don’t find funny. I think filmmaking is sometimes a boring process so it’s a blessing if you have someone you get along with and that’s what we found on this film. We really crack each other up and one of the great things to come out of this film is to have met Anupam Kher. He is so amazing and such a great influence on us. So the three of us were together a lot.
Did you learn to cook something during the film for your future wife?
Nothing… I would love to cook for my future me also but unfortunately I did not learn to cook anything. But I learned how to make those rumali roti’s and that too just how to flip it and make it big.
Street food that you love gorging on…
I love dahi batata puri, sev puri, bhel puri and shikh roll

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Sample text

Sample Text

Sample Text

 
Blogger Templates